Two Thousand Thirteen was a year full of writing, reading and lots of reflection -- All things that I'm both immensely grateful for and feel equally challenged by. All things that have made my heart feel as fragile as spun sugar and then swell heavy with stories to tell.
Launching a lifestyle workshop like Pepperologie was meant to create a real-life space for women to learn how to feel like the best possible versions of themselves, and the result has been some of the most gratifying and humbling work that I've ever done.
After hosting three of our events over the last 12 months, I've learned quite a lot along the way...
- I want to give more. My heart has always seemed a little heavier with emotion than most people I know, and one of the ways that I keep it from exploding (into a zillion tiny pieces of confetti or teardrops or fiery sparks every five minutes) is by pouring out my love and compassion and tenacity into helping those around me.
- I want to connect more. I have a hunch that there are others out there working on some of the same challenges that I deal with in my own day-to-day, and I truly believe in the value of experiencing life with people we trust instead of trying to navigate through struggles on our own. I know that one part of my greater purpose is mentoring others, and now is the time to make this a much bigger part of my life and career.
- I want to write more. As a third-generation journalist, telling stories is in my blood. Lately I've been feeling inspired to document the little observations and discoveries that I come across throughout my life, in hopes that they can touch others the way they've touched me. These Pepper Letters will be a part of that, but I'm also working on an fabulous new interview series (see more below!) and hopefully someday, there will be some type of printed project as well!
The start of a new year is always a time of reflection and redirection that I enjoy (read about how I've replaced resolutions with adding more to my year), and I'm excited to tell you about a handful of ways that we'll be switching things up for Pepperologie in the coming weeks and months.
- Pepper Letters - Follow along with my musings about finding confidence in truth, and how that very pursuit can have an incredibly positive affect on all areas of your life.
- New Website (in the works) - A home-base for tons of new content including video interviews, a place to connect with like-minded women, and a hub for announcing upcoming events and ways to be involved.
- New Workshops & Meet-ups - Although the past Pepperologie events have been a ton of fun, we've gotten lots of helpful feedback about how to make the upcoming versions even better. You can expect more casual get-togethers throughout the year, as well as the potential for an overnight retreat in the Fall of 2014!
The process of developing these new goodies has been teaching me quite a lot about myself and my ability to run a business, and I'm feeling SO charged up about getting a chance to really connect with you in what is hopefully an impactful and encouraging way.
Thank you so much for signing up to be a part of these conversations about confidence, and I hope you're ready for a heartfelt and enthusiastic look at your own truths and how they have the potential to transform every part of your life!
XOXO - Jessie Pepper